The BowNow Special License Agreement (hereinafter referred to as “this Special Agreement”), which constitutes a special agreement for the below-mentioned Startia Lab General Software License Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “these General Terms and Conditions”), aims to set forth the terms and conditions of the License Agreement for this Software (to be defined in Article 1, item (i)) (hereinafter referred to as “this Agreement”) in tandem with these General Terms and Conditions.
As stated below:
(URL of these General Terms and Conditions: https://bow-now.com/software_license_agreement.html)
Article 1. Definitions
The terms as used herein shall be as defined in the following items:
(1) This Software
It refers to marketing automation software BowNow offered by Startia Lab, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Lab”).
(2) End user
It collectively refers to the subscriber’s existing customers, the subscriber’s potential customers, persons who browse the subscriber’s website and a web application, and the like offered by the subscriber. It does not include the subscriber's officers and employees.
(3) Tracking code
It refers to a code which is installed within a website or a web application for the purpose of acquisition of information and access analysis of end users who have visited the website or have used the web application, which coordinates with this Software.
(4) Tracking page
It refers to a website or a web application to which a tracking code is installed.
(5) Lead information
It refers to end users’ information which has been processed by this Software or has been saved to this Software. Note that the lead information may include personal information such as an individual’s name and email address.
(6) Action history information
It refers to the information on the online action history of an end user who browses the tracking page, which is gathered by utilizing the features of this Software. Note that the action history information does not include information which can be used to identify a specific individual such as his/her name and email address. However, if the action history information is combined with the lead information on this Software, it might enable the identification of a specific end user.
(7) This Service
It refers to services which Lab offers to the subscriber via this Software.
(8) This Personal Information
It refers to any and all personal information of end users which is handled by this Software or in this Service. This Personal Information includes personal information, the handling of which is entrusted to Lab by the subscriber, and personal information which is handled by Lab in the form of a third-party provision by the subscriber to Lab. It contains the lead information and the action history information.
(9) This Client
It refers to the subscriber's customer.
Article 2. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Lab and the subscriber shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Act on Regulation of Transmission of Specified Electronic Mail and other laws and regulations that are applicable to this Service.
Article 3. Handling of this Personal Information by Lab
1. In relation to this Software and this Service, Lab shall handle this Personal Information in the following cases. The details of the method of handling in the respective cases shall be stated later:
(1) Compilation of statistical data;
(2) Various analyses, implementation of questionnaire surveys, and analyses for the purpose of product development, feature improvement, and service quality improvement; and
(3) Industry-university collaboration research.
2. Lab shall impose proper access restriction in both cases of handling this Personal Information as referred to in the preceding paragraphs. In addition, Lab shall take proper measures such as data anonymization depending on the purpose of use of this Personal Information, and shall not re-identify the data which has been anonymized.
3. Lab may entrust all or part of the handling of this Personal Information to a third party. In this case, in order to take security control measures for this Personal Information, the handling of which is entrusted to a third party, Lab shall select an appropriate entrustee and perform necessary and proper supervision of the entrustee.
4. In relation to the provision of this Service, Lab may lawfully and properly acquire already-published corporate information which has been lawfully and properly gathered from websites, etc., to which no access restriction is imposed (hereinafter referred to as “this Corporate Information”), from a business operator, and may re-provide such information to the subscriber. This Corporate Information may contain the name of the company's representative, but does not contain any other personal information.
Article 4. Handling of this Personal Information by the Subscriber
3. If the end user concerned requests the disclosure, correction, addition, or deletion of contents; suspension of use, deletion, and suspension of provision to third parties of this Personal Information; the handling of which is entrusted to Lab by the subscriber, the subscriber shall abide by such request as the owner of this Personal Information concerned. Provided, however, that this shall not apply to this Personal Information which Lab acquired from the end user based on the third-party provision consent. In this case, Lab shall become the owner of this Personal Information concerned.
4. The subscriber shall use this Personal Information to be handled in relation to this Service pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations
(1) Use for any purpose other than industry-university collaboration research
When using this Personal Information, Lab shall perform masking so as to make it difficult to identify such information including the end user's name and email address, or delete such information.
(2) Industry-university collaboration research
Upon concluding a non-disclosure agreement with universities and graduate schools in Japan (hereinafter referred to as the “University, etc.”), Lab may provide only the action history information, which is in the anonymized form of this Personal Information as processed by Lab, to the University, etc. only for the purpose of industry-university collaboration research.
(1) BowNow Entry
(2) BowNow Light
(3) BowNow Standard
(4) BowNow (Cloud CIRCUS for WEB)
Established on April 20, 2017
Revised on August 22, 2017
Revised on March 22, 2019
Revised on April 10, 2019
Revised on November 18, 2019
Revised on September 22, 2020
Revised on October 21, 2020
Revised on November 25, 2020
Revised on June 7, 2021
Startia Lab, Inc.